Helping others is the #1 way to a happy heart. Why not do so in the #1 city in the world? Most visitors don’t get to go “behind the walls” for a look at the real San Miguel de Allende. But now you can experience San Miguel as an insider, not a tourist.
Download event flier HERE.
Feed the Hungry San Miguel is pleased to offer a very exclusive excursion: an unforgettable seven days in the city voted “Best City in the World” in 2017 and 2018 by Travel+Leisure, and declared American Capital of Culture 2019 by the International Bureau of Cultural Capitals.
While feasting on the rich sights, sounds, and traditions of our stunning city, you will also be contributing to the health and future of children in San Miguel’s poorest communities.
Your week will be filled with culture, history, music, and phenomenal food—the colors and flavors of this stunning colonial gem, designated a World Heritage of Humanity site by UNESCO. Plus, we’ll venture out to the countryside to visit a Feed the Hungry school kitchen and meet some of the children helped by our program.
Every school day, more than 4,500 children in 36 communities get a hot, well-balanced meal thanks to Feed the Hungry San Miguel. We also provide food to seven local charities. Your visit will enable us to continue this work and to expand our programs to feed some of the thousands more that are waiting for help.
This year’s excursion will benefit the school kitchen in the community of Alonso Yáñez, 18 km from centro San Miguel, where 198 kindergarten and elementary students receive a hot, nutritious lunch every school day (36,600 meals per year). Learn about the community and our progress there.
INSIDE THE HEART & SOUL OF SAN MIGUEL: OCTOBER 11-17, 2019
This 7-day package includes:
- First-class transportation to and from the Del Bajío International Airport in Leon (BJX) or the Querétaro International Airport (QRO).
- Gracious accommodations in one of San Miguel’s beautiful homes and the warm hospitality of English-speaking hosts who know and love this lively, sophisticated, yet authentic city in the heart of Mexico.
- Breakfast with your hosts, then lunch, dinner, or cocktails every day in some of San Miguel’s finest homes or exciting venues.
- Guided trips to historic sites, beautifully restored haciendas, and attractions not available to the average visitor.
- Transportation to events outside the city center. Accommodations and attractions within the city will be within walking distance. If you have limited mobility, taxis are plentiful and inexpensive.
- Plenty of time for exploring on your own the many pleasures of San Miguel and vicinity: shopping for unique arts and crafts, spa treatments, therapeutic hot springs, art galleries, museums, wine tasting, pyramid or horseback tours, and more.
▪ US$2,900 per person. (50% tax-deductible for US and Canadian residents). Airfare is not included.
RESERVATIONS & PAYMENTS
Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis. Email your commitment as soon as possible to Jonna Stratton at email@example.com. Your reservation will be confirmed via email. If we are fully reserved, we will maintain a waiting list in case of cancellations.
A deposit of 50% (per person) is due within 7 days of making your reservation, with the balance due by September 10, 2019. There will be no refunds after September 10.
Three Ways to Pay: Credit card, check, or PayPal
- Credit card: Please call Feed the Hungry to provide your credit card information: 1(+52) (415) 152 2402, ext. 103. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that our accounting staff call you.
- Check: Please mail a check* payable to Feed the Hungry San Miguel, Inc. Send to:
Feed the Hungry San Miguel
220 N. Zapata Hwy, Suite 11
Laredo, Texas 78043-4464
For a Canadian tax deduction:
Please donate $1,450 USD** to Amistad Canada to receive a receipt for tax purposes, and pay the remaining $1,450 USD** to Feed the Hungry San Miguel.
** Or CDN equivalent
Make your check payable to Amistad Canada and note “Feed the Hungry Project – Autumn Magic” in the memo line and mail it to:
c/o The Tax Management Centre
14-2530 Sixth Line
Oakville, ON L6H 6W5, Canada
Or visit amistadcanada.org/donate/ to make an online donation to Amistad Canada and apply your donation to “Feed the Hungry” (make sure you email FTH a confirmation of your donation).
To pay the balance to Feed the Hungry San Miguel, follow the Three Ways to Pay instructions above.
* Because of the time it takes for mail to reach us, if you mail a check, please also email email@example.com to notify us that you have sent the payment, and for how many attendees, so that we can reserve your space.
After we receive your payment, we’ll contact you to learn about your preferences and provide more details about the itinerary.
For more information, please contact Jonna Stratton: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Thank you and the wonderful folks at Feed the Hungry for the great work and service you provide to the very needy young children in San Miguel. We are honored to be a part of this family as contributors and look forward to doing what we can to assist you. Our visit was an eye-opener in many ways. The gracious hosting of so many events provided us with an education and an opportunity to visit with those involved in this mission. Thank you to those wonderful folks who opened up their homes to us and hosted the dinners and cocktail hours. We’ll never forget this experience or the people and children we met.”
– Autumn Magic 2018 guest
“Thank you for an experience we will never forget. We saw places we would never have seen if we had come by ourselves. We especially loved visiting the school. Staying in private homes added so much to the trip. The food was amazing and you found such beautiful venues. We are so impressed with Feed the Hungry and the work you have done.”
– March Magic 2018 guest