October 11-17, 2018
Helping others is the #1 way to a happy heart. Why not do so in the #1 city in the world?
Feed the Hungry San Miguel is pleased to offer a very exclusive excursion: an unforgettable seven days in the city voted “Best City in the World” in 2017 by Travel+Leisure. Most visitors don’t get to go “behind the walls” for a look at the real San Miguel. But now you can experience San Miguel as an insider, not a tourist.
While feasting on the rich sights, sounds, and traditions of our stunning city, you will also be contributing to the health and future of children in San Miguel’s poorest communities. Your week will be filled with culture, history, music, and phenomenal food—the colors and flavors of this stunning colonial gem, designated a World Heritage of Humanity site by UNESCO. Plus, we’ll venture out to the countryside to visit a Feed the Hungry school kitchen and meet some of the children helped by our program.
Every school day, more than 4,000 children in 35 communities get a hot, well-balanced meal thanks to Feed the Hungry San Miguel. We also provide food to six local charities. Your visit will enable us to continue this work and to expand our programs to feed some of the thousands more that are waiting for help.
INSIDE THE HEART & SOUL OF SAN MIGUEL: OCTOBER 11-17, 2018
This 7-day package includes:
- First-class transportation to and from the Del Bajío International Airport in Leon (BJX) or the Querétaro International Airport (QRO).
- Gracious accommodations in one of San Miguel’s beautiful homes and the warm hospitality of English-speaking hosts who know and love this lively, sophisticated, yet authentic city in the heart of Mexico.
- Breakfast with your hosts, then lunch, dinner, or cocktails every day in some of San Miguel’s finest homes or exciting venues.
- Guided trips to historic sites, beautifully restored haciendas, and attractions not available to the average visitor.
- Transportation to events outside the city center. Accommodations and attractions within the city will be within walking distance. If you have limited mobility, taxis are plentiful and inexpensive.
- Plenty of time for exploring on your own the many pleasures of San Miguel and vicinity: shopping for unique arts and crafts, spa treatments, therapeutic hot springs, art galleries, museums, wine tasting, pyramid or horseback tours, and more. Our bilingual concierge service will be available to help you plan these activities either before or after you arrive.
THE COST (50% tax-deductible for US residents). Airfare is not included.
- US$2,900 per person for accommodations at the impeccably restored Casa San Jose, a gorgeous oasis in the heart of San Miguel (maximum 12 participants).
- US$2,200 per person (maximum 10 participants) for accommodations in other lovely homes near the historic center.
RESERVATIONS & PAYMENTS
Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis, for both Casa San Jose and for other accommodations. Email your commitment as soon as possible to Joan Nagelkirk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your reservation will be confirmed via email. If we are fully reserved, we will maintain a waiting list in case of cancellations.
A deposit of 50% (per person) is due within 7 days of making your reservation, with the balance due by September 10. There will be no refunds after September 10.
Three Ways to Pay: Credit card, check, or PayPal
- PayPal: After we receive your reservation we will send you a link for paying online via PayPal.
- Credit Card: Call Feed the Hungry to provide your credit card information: 1(+52) (415) 152-2402, ext. 103. Or email email@example.com to request that our accounting staff call you.
- Check: Mail a check* payable to Feed the Hungry San Miguel, Inc. Send to:
Feed the Hungry San Miguel
220 N. Zapata Hwy, Suite 11
Laredo, Texas 78043-4464
* Because of the time it takes for mail to reach us, if you mail a check, please also email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you have sent the payment, and for how many attendees, so that we can reserve your space.
After we receive your payment, we’ll contact you to learn about your preferences and provide more details about the itinerary.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Joan Nagelkirk · 1(+52) (415) 126-6726 (Mexico) · email@example.com
Thank you for an experience we will never forget. We saw places we would never have seen if we had come by ourselves. We especially loved visiting the school. Staying in private homes added so much to the trip. The food was amazing and you found such beautiful venues. We are so impressed with Feed the Hungry and the work you have done.
– Ann Martin, March Magic 2018 guest