SECOND ANNUAL “MARCH MAGIC” – A journey into the Heart and Soul of San Miguel de Allende
MARCH 1-8, 2018
Helping others is the #1 way to a happy heart. Why not do so in the #1 city in the world?
Feed the Hungry San Miguel is pleased to offer another very exclusive excursion, March 1-8, 2018, limited to a privileged 22 visitors. Most visitors don’t get to go “behind the walls” for a look at the real San Miguel. But now you can experience San Miguel as an insider, not a tourist.
You’ll experience an unforgettable 7 days in the city voted “Best City in the World” in 2017 by Travel+Leisure. Your week will be filled with art, culture, history, music, and phenomenal food—the colors and flavors of this stunning colonial gem, designated a World Heritage of Humanity site by UNESCO.
While feasting on the rich sights and sounds of our stunning city, you will also be contributing to the health and future of children in San Miguel’s poorest communities.
Every school day, roughly 4,200 children in 33 communities get a hot, nutritious meal thanks to Feed the Hungry San Miguel. This year’s proceeds will ensure that a specific unsponsored school kitchen will be funded for at least another year. We will visit the school where you can meet the children, the teachers, and staff and observe (or partake in) a typical hot school lunch that Feed the Hungry San Miguel provides.
INSIDE THE HEART & SOUL OF SAN MIGUEL: MARCH 1-8, 2018
This 7-day package includes:
- First-class transportation to and from the Del Bajío International Airport in Leon (BJX) or the Querétaro International Airport (QRO). For those who find flying into Mexico City a better option we will arrange for transportation to and from San Miguel for an additional $75 per person each way.
- Gracious accommodations in one of San Miguel’s beautiful homes and the warm hospitality of English-speaking hosts who know and love San Miguel.
- Breakfast with your hosts, then lunch, dinner, or cocktails every day in some of San Miguel’s finest homes or exciting venues.
Hands-on authentic Mexican cooking class and guided trips to historic sites, beautiful restored haciendas, and attractions not available to the average visitor.
- Plenty of time for exploring on your own and taking advantage of special shopping discounts at selected stores noted for unique arts and crafts.
- Transportation to events outside the city center. Accommodations and attractions within the city will be within walking distance. If you have limited mobility, taxis are plentiful and inexpensive.
Not included, but readily available, are optional activities such as wine tasting, therapeutic hot springs, tennis, golf, horseback riding, spa treatments, art galleries, museums, and off road ATV adventures. We will have a concierge service available to help you plan these activities either before or after you arrive.
The cost: Only US$2,200 per person (50% tax-deductible for US residents). Airfare is not included.
To reserve your space, a deposit of US$1,100 (per person) is due not later than December 15, 2017, with the balance due by January 15, 2018. No refunds after December 15, 2017.
Three Ways to Pay:
- Click here to make your deposit via PayPal (recommended).
- Call Feed the Hungry to provide your credit card information: 1 (+52) (415) 152-2402. ext. 103. Or, email email@example.com if you prefer that we call you.
- Mail a check* payable to Feed the Hungry San Miguel, Inc. Send to:
Feed the Hungry San Miguel
220 N. Zapata Hwy, Suite 11
Laredo, Texas 78043-4464
* Because of the time it takes for mail to reach us, if you mail a check please also send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you have sent the payment and for how many attendees, so that we can reserve your space.
After we receive your check, we’ll contact you to learn about your preferences and provide more details about the itinerary.
For more information, please contact:
Diane Largman · 415-504-3494 (US) · email@example.com
Jonna Stratton · 707-552-2227 (US) · firstname.lastname@example.org
TESTIMONIALS FROM OUR EVENT IN MARCH, 2017
Last March, 18 guests from 7 US states experienced a unique week in San Miguel during Feed the Hungry’s first annual March Magic excursion.
“Without this sort of thoughtful itinerary planned in detail, there would be no other way to get this up-close and personal introduction to the community. Truly unique experience; wonderfully kind and generous hosts; very affordable; the “field trip” to the FTHSM schools was also a very special experience. Wow!”
– Gary J. Becker, M.D., Tucson
“This trip exceeded our expectations. My husband and I so enjoyed all the activities which the trip included. The best part, of course, was the funds it provided to help feed the children in the campos surrounding the city.”
– Jane M. Battaglia, Aspen
We already have new events and destinations planned for this year – come join us!